Many times we notice people using ski goggles while riding Snowmobiles. and you may wonder whether you can use ski goggles for snowmobiling.
Well, while this is convenient to an extent it is actually not quite safe nor is recommended.
In this article, we will explain why ski goggles should not be used for Snowmobiling.
Difference Between Ski Goggles And Snowmobile Goggles
Ski goggles are goggles designed for lighter weather conditions. You wear them while skiing and they help you a lot by protecting your eyes from flying snow and ice. And they are lightweight too and cover a larger area than compared to mere sunglasses.
Snowmobile goggles compared to ski goggles are heavier and less comfortable and can withstand harsher weather conditions. But they make up for it in other features like often their often colorful lenses, greater conformation to the face, etc.
Ski Goggles for Snowmobiling: Should You Use Them?
Well, simply put one can use ski goggles while snowmobiling but it is really not recommended due to the very reason that snowmobile goggles are designed for harsh environmental demands associated with riding snowmobiles.
Thus in many aspects using just Ski goggles in sledding becomes tricky.
Why are Ski Goggles Not Recommended For Snowmobiling?
Well, the answer to this question is that both these goggles have their own purposes.
- While ski goggles are there to only protect your eyes from blowing winds, snow and dirt, the pressure of these on your eyes is less because of the speed of your skiing.
- But while riding snowmobiles the speed at which the snow and wind blast your eyes is greater, thus something better and sturdier is required.
- Also, the color-coordinated lenses in snowmobile lenses are there to regulate better visuals in different weather conditions.
- Because of their sizes, snowmobile goggles give additional warmth to your faces from the chilling rides.
- The straps of the snowmobile goggles are better and have a sturdier hold on your face.
- Also, Ski goggles will not be compatible with snowmobile helmets.
Thus, although one can very well use Ski goggles instead of goggles made for snowmobiling while sledding, it has a number of disadvantages like the ones mentioned above. Therefore it is not recommended at all.