It is commonly assumed that if you are wearing any attire or form of clothing for a stretch of time (even in occasional cases) you will need to keep them clean. Thus, snowmobile gear, especially snowmobile suits and jackets and two pieces needs to be cleaned at regular intervals. So, are you wondering how to wash snowmobile jacket?
Thus, in this article, we have given some safe ways to clean your snowmobile jackets!
Is Washing Snowmobile Jackets Really Necessary?
- Over time using it to ride those snowy trails uphill, often your snowmobile jacket might accumulate dirt and grit. This can ruin the look of the jacket as well as harm the quality also. So you need to get your jackets rid of such dirt.
- Sometimes mishaps might lead to your jacket retaining grease stains. These can affect the quality of the jacket. If not cleaned as soon as possible they might become permanent blotches.
- Also, snowmobile jackets need to be cleaned because they remain in contact with your body and prolonged accumulation of sweat and grit might make them less effective.
How To Wash Snowmobile Jackets?
- Well, the very first thing you do before proceeding to clean your snowmobile jacket is checked out the manufacturer’s care instructions at the back of the product wrapper or in the user manual. From there figure out and remember what not to do or not to put on your jackets. As different products have different requirements, thus it is always recommended to check out warnings to avoid accidental damage to your snowmobile jacket.
- With that out of the way, let’s go to the real cleaning. The first thing you do is dust your jacket off all dust stuck on it.
- Turn it inside out and repeat the process.
- Ensure that all the zippers are closed before beginning Wash.
- Now if your product does not give warmth in the washing machine, you can machine wash your jacket using detergent solely meant for snowmobile gear or you could also use plain laundry detergent.
- You can opt for a second rinse to properly free your jacket of any blob of soap.
- You can tumble dry your garments using a minimal heat setting. This will help keep your durable water repellent intact.
- Once done take out the jacket immediately and ensure to hang it somewhere to get rid of any dampness.
Note: If you want to remove a particular grassy stain you can use the waterless hand wash on it, with a gentle application of course.
While cleaning you should also be mindful of some precautions Most snowmobile jackets do not bode well with dry cleaning, so avoid that. Also never try to iron your snowmobile jacket. You can wash the snowmobile jacket twice a year to keep it clean and new.
Keeping all these in mind, we think you should be good at properly washing your snowmobile jacket.